The Office of Student Equity, in partnership with Professional Development, is proud to present the following professional learning opportunities:
1. Equity Deep Dive with Dr. Veronica Neal: Continue the conversation started at Fall PDA day by going deeper into the Equity Praxis with Dr. Veronica Neal.
Thursday, February 15th
10.30am to 4pm (PDA Day)
2. 3CSN's Nor Cal Equity Institute: Come together with colleagues from across the state for in-depth discussions, engaging sessions, and guided activities to support our work as equity practitioners in instruction, student services, and administration. Confirmed keynote speakers include Drs. Nika Hogan, Veronica Neal, and J. Luke Wood. Contact the Office of Student Equity for more information.
Friday & Saturday, March 9th & 10th
3. The USC Center for Urban Education presents: The Equity-minded Classroom: Learn practical tools for equitizing your classroom and improving student outcomes without compromising excellence, including teaching approaches, faculty-student interaction, peer dynamics, grading and syllabus strategies, and culturally responsive pedagogies.
Friday, March 30th
Doyle Library, Rm 4246
4. Embracing a Culture of Inclusion at SRJC: Join SRJC’s leaders of diversity and inclusion in a homegrown training aimed at helping faculty and staff incorporate best practices for fostering an empowering and inclusive place to learn and work.
Friday, April 27th
9am – 1:30pm
5. Teaching and Supporting Men of Color: This fully online program is designed to provide additional tools for instructional faculty and student service staff in the community college to facilitate teaching and learning among college men of color. These principles can be applied to all students from diverse backgrounds. The program includes 5 modules, with participants engaging in both synchronous and asynchronous activities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code.