Kincade Fire Relief
The Basic Needs Emergency Fund is now open to students that were affected by the Kincade Fire. Click here to download the application.
This program does not require a letter of recommendation or a vist to the Student Resource Center (SRC). Simply fill out the application and submit it directly to Financial Aid. Please visit the SRC following your award to receive wrap around services.
Basic Needs Emergency Fund
Thanks to the generous donations to the SRJC 100th Anniversary Campaign, the SRJC Foundation, Student Life, Equity, and Engagement, and Student Financial Services is pleased to announce the SRJC Basic Needs Emergency Fund.
This important new program assists eligible students who are experiencing a short-term financial emergency that could potentially impact their ability to remain in college. The Fund was established to financially assist those who cannot reasonably resolve their financial difficulty through scholarships, loans, or other financial aid awards. The goal of this program is to keep students on track towards meeting their academic goals.
The SRJC Basic Needs Emergency Fund is administered by the Office of Student Life, Equity and Engagement and the SRJC Foundation. Funding for the program has been provided by generous contributions from local community members and provides student grants that reimburse actual expenses or are paid directly to the vendor. These grants do not need to be repaid, however, awards may be considered taxable income.
Applicants must have a short-term financial emergency or other unexpected critical incident. Additionally, students:
- Must have completed the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.
- Must be a currently enrolled student.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from an SRJC faculty or staff.
The Basic Needs Emergency Fund for SRJC Students grants are awarded to reimburse students or pay a vendor for a direct expense. Grant amounts will vary. Supporting documentation is required. Eligible student recipients may only receive one grant in an academic year.
Any unanticipated or unusual expenses outside of the typical student budget will be considered. These grants are not intended to cover SRJC tuition or fees. Funding decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. Funding is limited.
- Receive a referral from an SRJC faculty or staff OR meet with the SRJC Student Resource Center Coordinator (not required for Fire Relief Fund).
- Complete the Basic Needs Emergency Fund Application with supporting documentation, including referral letter.
- Submit completed application to SRJC Financial Services department.
- Financial Services will process your application and contact you directly within a week.
The Basic Needs Emergency Fund for SRJC Students Committee will review applications and make funding recommendations. As part of the application process students will be referred to the coordinator of the SRJC Student Resource Center (SRC) to receive additional referrals and follow up.